We all remember that first day we received our first vehicle. That memorable experience of excitement as we get to drive it, having to explore the new gadgets, and especially that new vehicle scent! We promised ourselves we would take care of the vehicle as if it were our own child and we do a pretty good job at it (at least in the very beginning). Unfortunately with time, our busy schedules get the better of us and we start to break that promise. Our vehicles can start to get a little messy from the crumbs left by the foods we eat, the documents we threw in the back, trash, clothes, or just about anything.
What We Did As a Result?
On rare occasions, we may start to take notice of the mess growing inside of our vehicles and so on our days off, we may make time to clean up the interior. I mean that’s the least we can do to take care of our cars right? As you are organizing things, picking up trash and vacuuming your car, you start to notice little particles of dust, dirt, and…”things”, that sometimes the vacuum cannot reach. You then start to pick it up with your finger but there is just so much of it and you can’t quite seem to get it all…
If you are like me who is a bit of a perfectionist, you are probably spending hours just trying to pick that last speck of dust, crumb, and dirt, trying to achieve that brand new car state that you once had. After having spent quite some time and still not able to get every dreaded particle out of the car, you start to wonder was it worth the time? Is there POSSIBLY some product that would have made the process a little easier? In fact, there is something (and it is an interesting one)!
Tool to Help Clean the Interior of Our Cars
(As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases)
In addition to the vacuum and other tools you may use, you can use something like the cleaning gel. Just as it sounds, it is a gel-like material. When you purchase a bottle, you can pull out all the gel in one hand and then just roll it across any surface of your car.
What is unique about this item is that since it is gel and closer to substances like water, it is able to fit in areas where perhaps your other tools may not have been able to reach. As a result, this gel would have an advantage over other tools and be able to trap smaller particles. This leaves a VERY clean surface for your car.
Areas that may be difficult to reach in your car can include:
- A/C vents
- Cup holders
- Door handles
- Any areas that need cleaning
The slime gel should be able to collect small particles and dust in these areas.
Other Uses for Cleaning Gel
You can also use this cleaning gel slime for your:
- Console controllers
- Pretty much any electronics or surface where dust can gather
- When using the cleaning gel slime, you can wear some gloves. According to the label, it may sometimes stain your hands. Personally it has not happened to me yet. You can use something like microfiber towels to wipe your vehicle after a gel cleaning session if it leaves a residue.
- When the gel slime is fresh out of the bottle, it can be quite sticky. When you roll it on surfaces that are more complexly shaped, pieces of it may break off and be trapped under. To avoid this you can try rolling it on bigger surfaces to gather some dust and reduce some of that stickiness before attempting the complex surfaces.
- When you roll the gel slime on your car’s surfaces, you do not need to press too hard in case parts of the slime squeezes itself into hidden compartments. You just need to lightly roll it on the surfaces. If you notice the slime not catching certain particles, you can then press it a bit harder.
- When finished with the gel, put it back in the container to retain its moisture. Also, keep it away from heat and direct sunlight.
- Avoid using slime gel on fabrics, cloth material, or carpet!
On our off days, we may spend some of that time cleaning up the interior of our cars. Although you may aim to achieve a 100% clean car, it is quite difficult to pull off with just the typical tools. To boost your ability to clean your car, you can use something like the cleaning gel slime for your car which can help further pick up undesired particles from the difficult to reach spots of your car.
Perhaps after your cleaning session, your car may feel like how it was when you first received it brand new. You should enjoy this moment and take it out for a drive. Or you can sit there and appreciate the moment too! Hopefully it will be awhile before the next cleaning session!
Did you enjoy this life hack for cleaning difficult to reach surfaces of your car? Please leave a comment below!