When I was much younger, I used to be able to wake up like a soldier! Upon the first alarm, I was already up and running, getting ready for high school. I was even able to wake up to just the sound of my phone’s vibration. Nowadays, it is much different. As soon as I hear the alarm go off, the first thing I do is hit that snooze button! But it doesn’t just stop at once, rather, I would hit the snooze button 3, 4, or even more times (and of course, provided that I am not already extremely late for work).
Does this sound like you? Do you press the snooze button more often than you want? Do you wish there was something that can just help you wake up upon the first alarm? In fact, there is something that can help with that!
A Tool to Help You Wake Up
(As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases)
Depending on how trigger-happy you are with the snooze button, you may want to invest in a Clocky Alarm Clock on Wheels. It is a unique tool that acts like your usual alarm clock, except that when the alarm goes off, it will start running in random directions!
Details About “Clocky”
- Durable enough to fall off 3-foot platforms (but better to not abuse it all the time)
- Has a loud enough alarm tone which is great for heavy sleepers
- If your room is dark, it can light up so you can still see it
- Requires 4 AAA lithium batteries (needs replacement in about 3 months or so, depending on use).
- Comes with a 90-day warranty
How is “Clocky” So Effective?
Since our current alarm clocks are stationary, we do not have to exert a significant amount of effort to snooze it. Therefore, one can still easily go back to sleep. There is just simply not enough stimulation or adrenaline in the body to wake one up and break oneself away from the bed.
On the other hand with “Clocky“, you are literally forced to get up. This gets your blood pumping which will start to wake your body up. You never know where “Clocky” will go so this also wakes you up mentally, you will have to predict the path it will travel. The longer you take to catch it, the more frustrated you will become too which will further wake you up.
By the time you are able to catch “Clocky” to turn its alarm off, you will have already been warmed up enough to start your day! You might be tempted to break it out of frustration, but after realizing how “cute” of a clock it is, it will definitely stop you from doing so and cool you down. Pretty efficient I would say.
- If you constantly find yourself pressing the snooze button too often, try setting the alarm a little later than your usual wake up time. Each time your sleep is disturbed, the recovery process gets interrupted leaving you feeling more exhausted.
- Of course with your alarm still set (just in case), try to train yourself to sleep just enough and wake up on your own (WITHOUT relying on the alarm). When you wake up on your own, that is your body telling you that it has received enough sleep. You might still feel slightly tired but if you attempt to sleep any more than that, your body will be more sluggish.
- Perhaps start planning your day and activities to be more efficient so that you don’t cram your work until later at night.
- Avoid cell phone or electronic usage before you sleep. This could be what is keeping you awake at night and having difficulty falling asleep.
- Try keeping “Clocky” FARTHER from your bed and place it in a direction where it will run off even farther.
- If you are self-disciplined enough, you can force yourself to wake upon the first alarm and doing a short warm up exercise to stimulate more blood flow to wake up your mind and body.
We might not be as effective in waking up when compared to our childhood days. A great amount of self-discipline is needed to gain the habit that we once had. Fortunately, if we do not quite have that self-discipline just yet, there are tools like “Clocky” that can help assist you in waking up on time.
There are also some recommendations that can help you feel better rested, be more awake, and not have to keep on snoozing the alarm clock so often (or having to rely so much on “Clocky“). But in the end, whatever method we use, as long as we are able to keep up with the day to day tasks and are content with life, then that is all that matters.
Did you enjoy this article on how to hit less snooze buttons and wake up? Please leave a comment below!